Friday 5 September 2014

"Jasper" - Color Throwdown Challenge CTD308 - Digital Seamless Tiling Abstract Design in Yellow, Orange and Pink

Yellow, pink and orange is one of my favourite colour palettes, so I was very excited when I saw this week's Color Throwdown Challenge. This week I decided to go back to seamless tiling abstract artworks. I haven't been making enough abstracts lately, and I need a few to get some greeting cards or post cards printed up. Also a few Spoonflower fabric designs. Maybe some throw cushions. I'll see where it takes me.



I went a smidge brighter on the yellow to get it a bit closer to the banana yellow shade of the bottles. That shade of orange is similar to the one I used on "Austin", which reminds me of orange sherbet. The shapes I've used came out looking like lanterns and hourglasses. That's one of the things I love about making symmetrical tiling abstract art - you can get an idea of how something is going to turn out, but the end result is almost always surprising in some way.

Geometric seamless tiling abstract digital artwork by Renee Dillon. Colours are pink, yellow and orange. Named "Jasper".
"Jasper", Digital Seamless Tiling Abstract Art, 6x6


Remember to follow Renee Dillon Art on Facebook if you'd like to stay up to date with my new work. Thanks for looking. :)

4 comments:

  1. Totally fun!! A whole different medium I have never tried! Love the pattern you created!! Thxs for playing at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is pretty....such an awesome design!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your artsy background pattern! So glad you were able to join us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much ladies. Looking forward to the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete

nRelate Posts Only